SpeakOn connectors.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infinitedreamsix

Reaction score
I played a gig this weekend and lost my speaker cable so now I need to get another lol think the sound man at the gig snagged it but whatever-I've been thinking about starting to use speakon for my rig. I was using a 1/4'' cable before. Just wondering if anyone else is and the pros and cons of them or any experience with them. Also, when I was looking into them for more info it said that there is three different types, 2 4 or 8 pole connector types, which one is standard and will work as a safe bet for my Eden and Boogie, the 2? thanks

I bought some speakon to 1/4" TS adapters...That way I can still use my 1/4" cables. Works great.

ty

Thats cool man. Thats really not what I'm looking to do, I was more thinking of just a straight up speakon cable. I think that would kind of defeat the purpose of it really lol thanks though

If you have speakon connections on your amp and cabs, use them. Older amps don't have them. They say you get better contact with speakons, but I can't really tell the difference. But speakons won't pull out when someone catches a cord. I use some older amps with some newer cabs and get cables that are 1/4 out of the amp to speakons at the cabs, just cause that's what they need.

I use them on my bass rig and my P.A..
the pros
they stay in no accidental un plugs (but I never had that problem with 1/4 inch) . no soldering
the only con I can think of is they take up more space than 1/4 inch
in my two space rack drawer.
you only need the 2 conductor
if you are making them your self use plus1 and minus1

Back