Problem with my Mesa Cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bermuda_

Reaction score
Hey guys not to long ago I bought a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 4x12 Ovesized Cabinet.

It's a great cabinet but the only problem I have with it is the cabinet itself has far too much bass to it, whenever I play my guitar through the cabinet the tone the cabinet produces has far too much bass.

So I was just wondering is there anyway I could reduce the amount of bass coming through the cabinet.

I know for a fact that Mesa Boogie is a very well known brand for making cabinets with a lot of low end to there sound.

But the amount of bass this cab provides me with is just too much for me to handle.

Also I don't know if this helps the situation but I play the cabinet through a Dual Recto 3 channel head

Do you think maybe the head could also contribute to the hugh amount of bass coming through the cabinet.

I've read more than once that some people think the Oversized Recto cabinet (now called Standard) is too bassy. What used to be called the Traditional Recto cab is now called the Stiletto cab, and some people prefer them, like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KypgHWMByiU

Back