Question for the experts re:older Mesa 2x12 cab.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vstardan

Reaction score
I happened upon a older Mesa Boogie 2X12 half back cabinet yesterday. I ended up owning it as part of a trade. It has been stored, covered in a closet for a long time, and is in almost new condition. It is a vertical cab. with a metal grill on the front. The the top speaker is a Black Shadow MC 90 Celestion, the numbers LY08/20T 3989 are on the basket. I opened the cabinet, and the lower speaker is a Electro Voice EVM model 12L, 812 9460 9049 and 10 25 on the magnet. The cabinet sounds fantastic. I put a head on it tonight and played it for a bit... I must say it sounds impressive! It looks cool too!
The issue is...I don't need it! Just last week I bought a brand new tube head and cabinet. So... my question is, what year and model # is this cabinet, and does anyone hava a idea of about what this might be worth if I decide to sell it? Again it is essentially brand new. No tolex damage, very clean from the top to the casters. From five feet away it does look new. Thanks for any input or opinions.

Following is the best advice I can give anyone when it comes to a halfback metal grille Mesa cab.

The best guitar cabs ever made. Don't sell it ever!!! If you sell it, you will never have another cab that sounds as good and it will haunt you the rest of your days. But that's just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Just take some really good pictures and put it in the classified here asking for offers. Those are fantastic cabs but really expensive to ship becase they are so heavy. Be sure to include your location. Condition of the cab and speakers can really influence the value.

FYI - I agree with the previous post. I don't know what your other cab is, but I'd sure have an A/B shoot out before you sell it. Those 80's boogie cabs are ugly as sin but they sound amazing.

Back