Best Cab for a Mk V Head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetdriver

Reaction score
Looking for a 2X12 Format.

Recto?
Roadster?

Port City?
Splawn?
Bogner?

Thoughts?

Bueller.... Bueller? :mrgreen:

I also am about to purchase a 2x12 cabinet for my backordered Mk V. I play blues, rock, and reggae. I would appreciate any suggestions.

I don't think you can go wrong with either of the 2x12 Rectifier cabs (Vertical or Horizontal). The Vertical cab is a perfect match size-wise to the head and would not only sound great but look sharp. You would have the advantage of one speaker angled up at you and the other coupled to the floor. However, that 2x12 Horizontal cab is an awesome cab to have in your arsenal. It's the go-to cab for many a player obsessed with great tone. Andy Timmons would be an example of player that will take the 2x12 Horizontal cab over any of the other options.

Any body have an opinion on difference in sound between the vertical and horozontal 2X12 recto cabs? Ignoring how normal placement, let's say you stand a horozontal recto on its end and put it next to a vertical recto cab, would I hear a diffenence in tone, not talking about the obvious directional differences. I am gong to buy one or the other, just curious if anybody has A/Bed them.
Thanks in advance.

I played them side by side at guitar center once. Physically, the vert is larger and seems to have a deeper bass and a bigger (4x12 like) sound. The horizontal is tighter but sounds like a 2x12. I bought a vert mainly so I wouldn't have to bend over so much to mess with my amp. :p

Thanks, I am leaning toward the vert too cause I can hear myself better with a speaker up high or pointed at me (like a Fender propped on the tilt legs) particularly in live playing. I like the wheels too:)

Latest posts

Back