Looking for some advice...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejay

Reaction score
My bass player is looking at Mesa Bass Rigs and I was curious if you guys could shed a bit of light and recommend some for me to pass on to him. Appreciate the help!

Well it all depends on your sound and your needs. But I'll try to shed some light on the things I know.

If you want pure rock, tube powered fun, go with the Big Block. This is THE rock Boogie to compete with a Recto. Not the amp for a bass virtuoso.
If you want more options go with M-Pulse 600, it's a cleaner, more articulate sound but has tons of feature that make it really versatile. So more complicated techniques come out clean.
If the M-Pulse is too much for you, the Scout is a scaled down option that has a little less headroom, giving it a more soft, vintage feel. Lots of older guys love this one because it sounds old and it's light weight :)
If you'd like a mix of the of the M-Pulse and Big Block, go the M6 or M9 Carbine. Flexible sounds,lots of features but can go from clean to crunchy.

Those are the current models. I guess you could choose your cabs to what your doing. I currently play the M-Pulse Venture (a 2x10 combo) but I think I'll be switching to the M9 within the next couple of years.

Latest posts

Back