Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 610 wiring

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukesauce

Reaction score
'afternoon all, noob here with a quick wiring question:

I recently purchased a Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 6x10 bass cabinet (2003 model year, i think) as a playmate for my Basis m2000. Here's the rub: the fella that sold it to me blew out the top left 10. He says he simply disconnected it and played through the bottom 4 10s. I bought a replacement 10 and am currently trying to make sense of the wiring schematic inside. The speakers are 8 ohms a piece, the cabinet is 4 ohms and if i understand what I'm looking at, the tweeter has to be 8 ohms, too (is this possible?). I'm looking at two parallel input posts, one post wired to the bottom 4 speakers in series-parallel (total 8ohms); the other post is wired to the top two speakers in series with the tweeter parallel (total 12 ohms). As far as I can tell, that means we end up with 5 ohms.

Needless to say, my head is spinning a bit. I can't be sure what exactly the guy I bought it from monkey'd with, so I could really use some sort of wiring diagram to sort all this out. The 6x10 seems just rare enough to not be popping up on google, and this was the best forum I could find for Mesa questions. Anyone lend a brother a hand? Thanks for the help.

P.S. if the tweeter is actually of negligable impedance like the others I've worked with, why wouldn't I simply wire up 2 sets of three parallel speakers in series to get 4 ohms out of 6 8 ohm speakers?

Back