Coliseum Series 300 MarkIIB Amplifier for bass?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vermillion

Reaction score
I'm looking for a backup / alternative to my Bass 400+

Anyone ever use a Coliseum Series 300 MarkIIB Amplifier as a bass amp? How did it work? (Do you currently own one, can you try it?)

I've seen some reasonable prices on the Big Block 750 and Bass 400 (no +)
A buster went for over $900 on ebay recently, thats a bit a of head-scratcher to me??

Well, I've got a Stereo 400 Strategy I've just turned into a power amp for my bass rig, once I get that rolling, I'll let you know how it goes. It sounds great a home practice levels, but I'm waitin' to get the whole band together for a real idea of how it'll work. It worked OK when I bought it, but wasn't very loud. I've replaced all the power tubes with new Mesas and some NOS RCA 12AX7 and 12AT7s and now it sounds truly phantastic, with much more headroom.

Stay tuned.

The Strategy 400 is great for bass :D
I use it for stereo effects in my rig:

setupdetail.jpg

That is one seriously bada$$ rig, Spoiler. Mine is terribly simplistic, a wireless and the Strategy in a case, and a Boss ME50B that sits on top. I never change effects in mid tune, so I just keep the efx unit on top of the rack and make adjustments manually. I do plan to use it properly soon, so when I'm working on that, I tend to put it on the floor and play through my smaller combos.

Levelled any buildings with that yet?

When the Wall Of deaf mk III is born, I'll post some pics :wink:

Can take a while though, I want an old style 1x15 with the EVM15L and also an old style 2x10 with Eden speakers. (same combi I have now)
For small gigs The 1x15 would be a great substitute for the PH1000, I need at least 3 cabs to fully use the rig (one for the Bass 400 and two for the Strategy)

For now you'll have to do with these Wall Of deaf mk II pictures:

wodmkII.jpg

wodmkIIback.jpg

Pedalboards:

pb2.jpg

(under construction)

Back