Shopping around for a 2X12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cultus Crazy

Reaction score
I would like to say Hello from a Newbie. Well I got the "clearance" from my Wife to buy a 2x12 Guitar Cab(I stopped playing for awhile,and sold my Crappy 4x12 Randall cab) so I took My Peavey Ultra 120 Plus head to a local shop plugged it into a Orange(A little over $600),Very Bright(sound and Color :lol: ) Good low end,then Plugged into a Mesa Recto($619.00) and WOW! Low end,great attack,but did lack the "brightness" that the Orange cab has.I lost ALOT of faith in Marshall stuff,but I have been hearing about Vader stuff.Has ANYONE ever A/B'ed them(Vader/Mesa?) I know Mesa uses V30's and the Vader uses Eminence Legends,which is a rough copy of them from what I have been told.I have been shopping around for any Used Mesa 2x12's locally with NO luck(But I did find a Stiletto 4x12 with the Gray/Black tolex for $450) but even on e%^y they are just sooo expensive! Is it just a supply/demand thing?

The legends are actually eminence's take on a greenback the private jack and governor are there take on a v30 i would reccommend a port city!! there the most massive amazing sounding 2x12 if not i do love 2x12 mesas as well. but a port city :mrgreen: .... Check em out!

Latest posts

Back