Mesa bass tube replacement frequency?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a new 400+ back in 2002 (working every weekend-not really pushing my amp all that hard either). I just replaced my 12 power tubes after 7 years (Mesa honored my 1/2 off coupon that came with my rig--a $252.00 value that only cost me $139.00-including shipping!). I decided to replace my tubes after blowing a couple of fuses and noticing a fluctuation in volume whilst playing--I replaced my power tubes this week after giving my amp a good cleaning and using quality spray cleaners on the tube pegs and sockets--one spray cleaner and one Gold treatment to enhance connections {Radio Shack}. Last night was the first night I used the amp and it worked perfectly!!! No noise! Just wonderful performance throughout the night!

Tubes in your M Pulse 600 should last quite a while as they are not power output tubes as in the bass 400+ and mesa guitar amps.They are mainly signal tubes and not pushed very hard at all.However spare tubes for your amp are inexpensive so I would pickup a spare set,pop them in and see if you hear any difference.If not you will have spare set around when you need them. Bruce.

Latest posts

Back