is it worth it?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerxst88

Reaction score
i may be getting a mesa boogie f-100 soon and so i need to look at what cab im going to pair it with.

right now i have a marshall avt 4x12 which is nice and a nice middle of the road kinda 4x12. i recently found a mesa 2x12 with celestion v30s in it and im thinking a matched cab with good speakers would sound awesome. i guess my question is: is it better to have an ok 4x12 or a great smaller cab.

thoughts on this one?

Are you young? Will you be gigging a lot? What kind of stages will you be playing on? Medium to Large stages? Small bar stages? It all depends on your situation. A Mesa 2x12's sound very deep and full and do wonders if you don't need to play at loud loud volumes. I have a standard mesa 4x12 which may get replaced on stage with the vert 2x12 i just got. Sometimes you just really need the room onstage. That and I just don't want to break my back loading and unloading the 4x12.

my 2c

Chris

I have a 6x10 road ready, and a 2x10 diesel for my bass rig. Used separately because of the ohm load on each cabinet (4ohms)
It takes two grown men to unload the RR cab if it has to be lifted.
Rolling it off a ramp is no problem.

I love the diesel for small gigs. Its small and it light.
I can fit my whole small rig in a compact car.

But the difference in sound/tone between the 2x, and the 6x is night and day.
If I have the room onstage, and I WANT to use the 6x10. I will use because it IS worth ever sweet sound that emerges from that large black box. (Then I have to use the pick up truck, and ask for help loading and unloading)

Its all about personal preference.

Back