Mesa Boogie D-180

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djahngo

Reaction score
I just picked up a Mesa Boogie D-180 and will be playing it through a Powerhouse 115 and 210. I found the manual online, but it doesn't have much information. Can anyone share anything about it?

Leave the Master at 10, and use Volume 2 to contol output level. Mine would always sound "odd" if I tried to lower the Master.

Input 1/Volume 1 feed into Input 2/Volume 2 for cascading gain. As such, Input 1 was designed for guitar and preamp distortion.

It uses a Fender tone stack, which is flattest at settings of 0,10,0 for treble,mid,bass. My recommendation is to start flat and adjust from there.

Thanks I thought flat on the tone was 5-5-5. I've read lots of good reviews, only con is that the line out volume is affected by the volume control pot, which doesn't make sense. Trying to figure out when it was made, there is no EQ and the rocker switches on the front are black, I noticed some are white.

James

My Boogie service manual gives this in for the D-180 production:

July, 1982 - Dec, 1985; serials D001 - D681

Mine had black switches as well, but I don't remember the serial number.

Can anyone compare the D180 with the 400 or 400+? I like the D180 but am looking for a cleaner sound.

Latest posts

Back