Another 400+ question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Norre

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Does anyone know the era when the 400+ was being made?
I've been told the early models had a non-detachable power chord. Is this true?

Thanks in advance,

KN

I know the one I've got has a non-detachable power cord, but I don't know what year it was built. Is there a serial number decoder anywhere online? Or do we have to contact Mesa for that?

Hey bb,

I think I already got my answer on Talkbass :wink:
It seems the early models had a non-detachable powerchord and a 6-band EQ. The ones that were produced later had a removable powerchord and a 7-band EQ. I'm not sure about the production dates, but I think the first ones were made somewhere around '89 (but I'm not 100% sure about that).
To be 100% sure I guess you have to contact Mesa. I tried to but there's only a phone number on their website, no e-mail. I'm not going to call them from Belgium because:
a) it's too expensive ;-)
b) my English is not good enough to talk over the phone

Hope this helps. Ciao,

KN

hey

I also have a Mesa 400+ with non-detachable powerchord and a 6-band EQ. I dont knoe when it was made, but can see on the sticker from the shop that is attached back on my amp that it has to be before 89 cause in 89 all telephonenumbers in Norway change. So maybe they came in 87-88??
I also like to know this. just got mine retubed here in Norway with Mesa tubes, it cost liked hell, 6200,-NKR = $ 900,- could buy a mesa 400+ on ebay for that prize..

Hey Thor-Base,

Cool, you're the only one so far I've found who has the same 400+ as me (non-detachable chord and 6-band EQ).
What's yours serial number? Mine is B1573.
I'm still looking for info about my amp.
Unfortunately Mesa doesn't have an e-mailadres for their customers :(
You can only contact them by phone (look at their website for the number).

900$ for new tubes?
Find a good tech. He can install bias adjustment controls so you can use other tubes as well :)

Ciao and happy holidays,

King Norre

Latest posts

Back