Big Block 750

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironreverend

Reaction score
anyone here have any experience with the Big Block 750? I just rented one for a month while my amp of another manufacture is in getting repaired and I am really liking it! I haven't had a chance to try it with Mesa cabs, but I am running through a 4 ohm 410 and a 4 ohm 210 of the same manufacture as the amp that's in for repair to pump out the full 750 watts, and this thing ROARS. Making me seriously consider moving to Mesa.
What are your opinions on this amp?

Rev

I am a guitarist, and don't often play bass, but I played a festival gig where the bass player was using a BB750...it was great...his bass was punchy, clear as a bell, but had monster low end...but not muddy. I think he was playing thru a 4x10 and a 15 or 18 bottom.

My opinion is, if I could convince my current bassist to switch to Mesa...life would be suh-wheet.

I don't think you can go wrong with the amp...plenty of headroom, great sound.

RB

the only thing i thought was strange is that the DI out the back of the head was too hot for the board in the venue we were in. I ended up no being in the fronts, but it didn't matter, 750 watts through 6 10's filled the room, with the master at about 11:30, the bass knob at about 1:30, and the others at 12 noon. I like that. A lot. Maybe it had a fair bit to do with the 5 strin Tobias Growler that is my primary bass, but hey, my Fretless Jazz sounded great too, with minimal knob tweaking. I didn't used the overdrive function, cuz i use a Digitech Bass Driver anyway, so I can't really comment on that.

dylan said: "have you guys checked out the new V12 TITAN? basicly a big block 1400, madness... madness i tell you!......"

If my bass player gets one of those, I'm gonna need a second Road King to compete!!

RB

that is EXACTLY what I need to replace the 2 channel amp that I have...would be cool if they had a picture of it, i want to actually see that monster!

I've got the BB750, awesome, awesome piece of work

Took me a while to find that sweet setting but i've got it now :D play through a 62' Fender Jazz and bass pod XT live, into an ampeg bxt-412 extremely sweet sounding setup. A word of warning: careful with that master, since i got this thing i've managed to shake out two fluro lights in our rehearsal room (never happed with the old amp) and that's only around 50% master (bass 50%). First one got our drummer's seat (lucky he wasn't on it!) then our guitarist's amp!

Here's your V12

db_DSC030861.jpg

that is awesome! I appreciate you finding that picture!
I have a Bass POD (the original one) and have been contemplating the Bass PODxt Live as well. I looks to be quite the versatile piece of equipment. how do you run it? do you DI out of the line 6 to the board or out of the Big Block?
I was really wondering about the Mesa 412 cabinet, it seems to be a perfect match to the Titan V12, I hope one of the shops here gets one in soon so I can try that monster out! 12's seem to really be gaining in popularity for bass, I tried a Genz Benz 212 the other day, it had great warm tone, I can only imagine what a Mesa 412 would be like. I think the 1000 cab is a fantastic idea too, 4 10's and a 15 all in one cabinet, that would rock the house for sure!

xt is absolutely sick, i tried the boss equivalent :? ok but nothing next to the xt in my opinion. and i'm a purist! My guitar rig is a Gibson LP 68 Custom -> Boss analog delay -> Fender blues deville 212, SWEET :D but the bass rig rocks!

I di out from the mesa but same issue usually, its VERY hot, but still i want the amp tone through the desk, they can figure it out, and who ever complained about too much bass anyway?

As far as the cab goes, i didn't even try the mesa (i knew i'd love it and set myself up for even more expense), the bxt does an excellent job, especially when you couple it with the 1x15 bxt also, just couldn't justify the extra AU$1000 or so so i went for the ampeg

GET THE MESA! you'll never regret it :wink:

i was noticing the incredible price differences for gear here in Canada compared to Australia, man you'd think it would be more economical to buy from a Canadian dealer and get it shipped out!
Good to hear that you are a fan of the xt, I just may pick one up, i do have occasion for multiple effects at times, and the wah is a great plus. How are the distortion models in there? do you ever use them, or do you just utilize the overdrive in the Big Block?

Don't even tell me, i paid $4150 for that beast :shock:

So far with the xt i've been most impressed with the big muff, bass overdrive, and bass synths sound (Deeper Underground - Jamiroquai - i'm 90% sure they used the xt). Very usable mod effects (couple of crazy one's you'd probably never touch but hey i'm sure someone will find a use for them), overall very usable unit, some of these things boast tonnes of effects and amp&cab modelling but the majority of them are just crap and unusable in my opinion, the xt (remember, only my opinion) is like having several well configurable effects, a good range, and extreme range of sounds if you like

Like i said, digital isn't my thing, i've heards plenty of phasers but my hacked EH small stone is like liquid, a sheet of silk with necessary imperfections, making it real, the xt has the same liquid quality of a sweet analog effect

But hey, this is my crap rambling, take your rig (YOUR rig - the one which sound you know best) and see how the xt / boss me6b / whatever else sounds - key is have a reference, YOUR RIG!!

That' s enough from me for now, hope this helps! 8)

Latest posts

Back