Mesa/Boogie Speakers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exposeenmity

Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between the different speakers offered from Mesa/Boogie? Also, do certain cabs only use certain model speakers? I don't know too much about Mesa/Boogie and thought that there was only one version of the Black Shadow speaker. I just checked out their online store and saw; Black Shadow Custom, Black Shadow Vintage, and Black Shadow Reissue. Any info on these and possibly frequency diagrams?

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:44 pm Post subject: Mesa/Boogie Speakers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know the difference between the different speakers offered from Mesa/Boogie? Also, do certain cabs only use certain model speakers? I don't know too much about Mesa/Boogie and thought that there was only one version of the Black Shadow speaker. I just checked out their online store and saw; Black Shadow Custom, Black Shadow Vintage, and Black Shadow Reissue. Any info on these and possibly frequency diagrams?

The Black Shadow Custom is a Celestion Vintage 30. The Mesa V30 is still made by hand in England, where the standard retail V30 is now made in China.

The Black Shadow Custom is similar to a Celestion Classic Lead, but it has a stronger basket and a slightly heavier cone if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure what the Black Shadow Reissue is.

Latest posts

Back