Titan V-12 question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TB Player

Reaction score
So does anyone know, does Mesa have any plans to fix the Titan V-12 so that it puts out at least as much at 2-ohms as at 4 ohms?

I want to like that head, but my stack is 2-ohm, and there's not enough motivation to upgrade from my BB750.

I'm with you, I wish it did more at 2 ohms. The only thing I can figure is they cut it back at 2 ohms so it does not damage itself.

Whatever it is, a 90-watt gain, even with all the other bells and whistles, isn't gettin' me there.

It's a real beaut though.

when they were building the amp they were going to allow it to push more wattage at 2 ohms but it was pulling more than 20A from the wall, and was enough to blow fuses and flip breakers. So I don't know if they'll revise the V12 with more power.

Thanks for the insight. That makes sense if you do the basic math...

Current = square root of Power/Resistance.. 840 at 2 ohms is right there around 20 amps.

1200 into 4 calculates out to 17.

phyrexia said:
when they were building the amp they were going to allow it to push more wattage at 2 ohms but it was pulling more than 20A from the wall, and was enough to blow fuses and flip breakers. So I don't know if they'll revise the V12 with more power.
Makes sense - but did the original silver-faced edition put out a lot more at 2 ohm?

TB Player said:
So does anyone know, does Mesa have any plans to fix the Titan V-12 so that it puts out at least as much at 2-ohms as at 4 ohms?

I want to like that head, but my stack is 2-ohm, and there's not enough motivation to upgrade from my BB750.

I would like them to fix my Titan head so it WORKS. :evil:
Died on me on 2 gigs.

No more problems, I want everyone who read previous posts to know that Mesa support is top notch. :D

Back