Open backed cab or closed backed

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douchehound

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could let me know what the main difference is between a 3x4 open backed cab vs. closed backed cab. Also which would be better for a rock sound. Thanks for any replies.

Ive never tried them back to back, but thats what you gotta do really. I own 2 closed back 4x12's and i love em. I play hard rock. But if you are really looking for a tone just go to your nearest guitar center and ask them to put them back to back with the same amp. Ive heard people say that the open back has more low end but i dont know if thats true. Seems like from my experience with open back vs closed back the speakers push the sound more with closed back, where as open you have some escaping through the cabs rear end. Im just guess the extra back port creates a sort of subwoofer for the cab, but like i said thats a shot in the dark. If you want to know try em out.

wow, and to make it worse, i didnt even notice i was in the BASS section.. and im a guitar player.. sorry guys.. *Runs away*

Latest posts

Back