I just bought a bass guitar... is something wrong with it?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronpawlak

Reaction score
Hello,

Today I went out to a music store and bought an electric bass guitar. I've wanted to learn a new instrument for a few months now. I was totally clueless and got whatever the person in the store suggested. I was actually willing to pay a little more, but I ended up with a used Peavey Fury for $230, and a new $100 Stone amplifier (output 20W).
The problem is that I have to turn the volume all the way up to ten on both the amplifier and the bass guitar to hear anything, and it's still very quiet. I don't think I missed anything when I set it up, I just plugged in the cord between the bass guitar and the amplifier, turned on the amplifier and adjusted knobs. The bass guitar itself only has two dials for volume and tone, and the connector for the cord. I looked at an online manual and tried adjusting the pickups, but it didn't make much of a difference.Do you think this is to be expected given the equipment I have bought, or is there something really wrong here, or did I make a mistake somewhere? Should I return it and get a different model? I'm hoping to be enlightened here.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=959831
Promotional video production company

Thanks

Latest posts

Back