What year was Basis M-2000 discontinued?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassPlayerMykk

Reaction score
Hey Boogie folks. As the title asks, does anyone know what year the Basis M-2000 was discontinued and how long of a production run it had?

I just recently picked one up, I love it. Great sounding, versatile & powerful head. Before this I had a 400+ for several years. I remember at 16 years old working at a guitar store on the weekends, lusting over the Basis M-2000 set up in the bass corner and now (at 30 years old) I own and gig through one.

We are still in the 'Getting to know each other' stages. But I have dialed in some tones that work great with my basses & my genre. The brilliance behind the amps tone really shines on a big stage, at home and in the studio the amp is mid voiced. But on a big boomy stage, man it just comes to life.

Believe it or not, but I actually use two different Basis M-2000's. I purchased one personally for my rig and a studio I rehearse at has one supplied on top of two Eden cabs. Playing through the studios M-2000 made me realize mine was in need of some new tubes. I just finished tube rolling the amp this eve and found a good combo that sounds good by my ears.

Cheers ~BassPlayerMykk

January 2003. The serial #’s went from 01 - 1349. Which year the production started?

Back