Mesa Boogie Midi Matrix and Mark IV vers. A

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcoon

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a Mesa Boogie Mark IV vers. A and wanted to use the Midi Matrix instead of the Footswitch FU-3.
For this I ordered a MESA DIN7-to-XLR6 cable and the Midi Matrix.

So far I have done the Quick Start Guide with the Pre-Configuration 7.

Unfortunately, only the loop of the Mark IV switches in the switching function #5. With all other switching functions, the Mark IV does not respond.

The Mark IV stays in the leadchanal all the time when I switch over the Midi Matrix.

I also reset the Midi Matrix several times.

Did I miss or do anything wrong?

Picture:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am-CGcHipN7zykTgY8qDq7F9ICUY?e=7cV8Hw

The same thing is happening to me but with a Rev B Mark IV. I'm currently talking to Mesa Boogie and last we spoke they were attempting to test an amp in my serial range to nail down the problem. They already sent me a replacement cable thinking that might be the issue but it was still doing the same thing. I can only turn the FX loop on and off on the midi matrix as well and have gone through the setup several times. I also tested the midi matrix with another mesa amp to confirm it's working normally. It's good to know someone with an earlier Mark IV is experiencing the same problems, so hopefully they can fix it with a firmware update or a manual setup process and I'll update here if they give me any more info.

Latest posts

Back