Parallel compression pedal suggestions?

Guitar and bass FX discussion

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned

thinskin57
Mark III

Parallel compression pedal suggestions?

Post by thinskin57 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:19 pm

Can anyone suggest a good parallel compression pedal that would allow me to dial out the "pop" of the note attack that you hear on so many compressor pedals? I recently got the new Keely Compressor Plus and although it's parallel, the lowest setting on the mix knob is 50/50, wet/dry. I have NO idea why Keely did it this way. As such, i cannot dial out the "pop". I'm considering the Barber Tone Press but am looking for someone to confirm that the pop can truly be dialed out w/the mix knob before i purchase. If there are other pedals that can do this, i'm listening to your suggestions. I want a pedal that can give me lots of sustain, without the "pop". i aslo don't want to go over $200. a pedal with an attack knob AND a blend knob (like the Cali76) would be perfect, but would likely blow my budget. i'd also like it to have a footprint no larger than a tube screamer or the like.

elvis
Donating Member

Re: Parallel compression pedal suggestions?

Post by elvis » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:56 pm

I like the Carl Martin. Also the Unit67 has a very mild compressor that gives quite a lot of sustain, plus it has EQ, boost and a treble boost built in.
Mini Rectifier blue LED
Recto 2x12 Vertical
Recto 2x12 Wedge