pedal board question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swbo101

Reaction score
I don't use a lot of pedals, but about half I use in front of the amp & half in the FX loop. Is there a good way to have those on the same board even though one cable is going into the amp's input jack in front and one in the back of the amp in the FX loop?

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question. :oops:

Most of us do this. It means you need to run 3 cables from your board to the amp. I have had a couple custom looms made for this to keep it neat. Or you can zip tie them together.

Get a Pedalsnake. I’ve had them for years. One cable with multiple ends so you can even run power to your board, as well as 3 or 4 or more 1/4” lines for input and FX loops. Much cleaner than multiple cables. I used to run to my FX loop. Then I compared sound. The loo- seemed to suck tone AND I didn’t find a noticeable difference in the sound of the effects so I just run them all straight in the front of the amp. It’s easier and gives me more control. Having a great buffer is key.

I picked up a 4 channel 1/4" 20 foot cable for $30 shipped on eBay. I makes setting up a breeze.

My board goes like this - CFH wah wah with the tuner coming off the 2nd output so it's not in line, after the wah the signal goes to the Vibe Unit, Chorus and then to the GEQ to the head. The loop has the delay, reverb, GEQ and then MXR Micro amp.

Rig by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Back