pedal board question

Guitar and bass FX discussion

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned

swbo101
Mark III

pedal board question

Post by swbo101 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:26 pm

I don't use a lot of pedals, but about half I use in front of the amp & half in the FX loop. Is there a good way to have those on the same board even though one cable is going into the amp's input jack in front and one in the back of the amp in the FX loop?

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question. :oops:
1991 Mark IV A

elvis
Donating Member

Re: pedal board question

Post by elvis » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:57 pm

Most of us do this. It means you need to run 3 cables from your board to the amp. I have had a couple custom looms made for this to keep it neat. Or you can zip tie them together.
Mini Rectifier blue LED
Recto 2x12 Vertical
Recto 2x12 Wedge

babow2
Mark IV

Re: pedal board question

Post by babow2 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:41 pm

Get a Pedalsnake. I’ve had them for years. One cable with multiple ends so you can even run power to your board, as well as 3 or 4 or more 1/4” lines for input and FX loops. Much cleaner than multiple cables. I used to run to my FX loop. Then I compared sound. The loo- seemed to suck tone AND I didn’t find a noticeable difference in the sound of the effects so I just run them all straight in the front of the amp. It’s easier and gives me more control. Having a great buffer is key.
Amps: Mark 1 Re-issue Simulclass, Mark III purple, Two Rock
Cabs: 1x12's and 2x12's
Guitars: Tom Anderson Classic; PRS Studio; Heritage H-555, a couple custom Teles