Line 6 Helix HX Effect

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismofreakish

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Has anybody bought this unit yet?

Since I love my Roadster, I don't want or need an Helix or Helix LT. The Helix HX Effects looks like a dream on paper since I just want to add nice effects on my clean and lead. However, the reviews aren't all that good... I read about tone sucking (I know the unit can be bypassed, but I need a preset where nothing is added to my pure Roadster Modern rhythm tone), which is a big NO-GO for me and it has to be able to switch my 4 channels as well.

Any input?
thanks a lot!

If you're thinking of a Helix, get a Fractal instead.

An older Fractal unit will sound better than the latest Helix.

The Helix is a LineSux product. That should give you a clue. Play it for a while and your suspicions will be confirmed. It's not that good compared to any Fractal unit you can find, new or used.

I have had both the FX8 and have an HX Effects now. I really like the HX Effects. For the $ prefer the HX.

Totally inappropriate to bash Line 6. They are a lot of bang for the buck, and the G series wireless and Variax are really great products, as is the Helix.

Bad furniture making aside, there's nothing wrong with the Helix line.
Surprisingly good sounds that almost make you forget it's all digital.

$100 off the HX FX through the end of October.

I've got one and love it. Haven't tried 4CM yet but using it for the wet side of WDW rig with a H9 stereo in the loop. Also using it as my midi controller replacing a LiquidFoot Jr. Going to try 4CM with stereo outs and move the H9 to the mixer. I haven't noticed any tone suckage. You can change every input and output to instrument or line level to match however you are using it.

Back