Building up a rack system and signal Path Questions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theDogger

Reaction score
Ok so I am building up my rack system and have a few questions about signal path and where to put things. So far I just have the following

Amp:
+++++++
Egnator Vengeance

Pedal Board:
+++++++
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tube Screamer
MXR 10-Band EQ

Rack:
+++++++
Furman PWR Conditioner
Korg Tuner
TC Major G-Major

My current Signal Chain

(PRE) Guitar--->Tuner---->Tube Screamer---->Boss NS-2----->Amp In

(POST) G-Major--->MXR 10 Band Eq

I bought a BBE 382i where it insert into the signal chain? I know if should be in the POST but before or after the TC G-Major?

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

I don't know if it's technically "correct" or not, but I run my BBE after my G Major 2 before it goes in the return of my heads. But, the bottom line for me is that I like how it works for my tone.

Kool thanks for the response.

Ya I get it that it all depends on your personal preferences but I remember reading some where that it should be before and modulation effects. So if I have Delay, Chorus runn it need to be before those type of effects.

As per the BBE manual

SET-UP:
---------------
THe BBE is connected into the chain in series with the signal path the same way a graphic EQ or limiter would be connected. The output of a mixer, pre-amp or other sound source feeds the input of the Sonic Maximizer as an echo sned device like digital reverb is not recommended as the processed effect is not fully realized when summed with the original source audio."

I test today as it will be delivered by the time I get home.

cheers!

The BBE is a filter. It will affect the way mod and delay effects sound, as they tend to create overtones and/or dynamics not present in the original signal. It's your call if you like it or not.

I used to have a BBE but found that it sounded fantastic when I was playing alone but I was totally lost in the mix with the band. I dumped it.

Latest posts

Back