Mark IV combo and a Vox ToneLab EX

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lnferno

Reaction score
In need of some help and advice. I used to play guitar when I was a teen for a few years -- nothing serious. My uncle recently passed away and left me his Mark IV combo and a Vox ToneLab EX multi fx processor. It's been ~20 years since I've played and I really don't know the first thing about this stuff. Should these two components work well together? This Tonelab EX is kind of confusing. I've read the manual, but it feels as if a NASA space shuttle launch sequence might be easier than programming this thing. I did find a youtube vid that did help a bit. Ultimately, I'm looking for that Petrucci clean sound (which one of the Tonelab presets hits pretty darn close), a good heavy metal crunch/rhythm sound (again, Petrucci sounding), and a good lead.

Is anyone familiar with the Vox Tonelab EX? I'm looking for advice on how to best set all of this up. I'm not opposed to using some other multi fx processor if you guys can recommend anything, but I certainly want to keep this Mark IV.

Thank you in advance for your help. I want to have my uncle's legacy live on and I want to put this equipment to some good use!

Back