NPD X2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpistolas

Reaction score
Very recently I bought an Xotic EP boost clone that's worked out very well. The other new pedal sheer G.A.S. Got a used Fulltone Deja Vibe. The white one. Well, there's another permanent pedal on the board. After an hour of play I can see why it's a must have. Almost made me ditch my beloved chorus but it'll stay as it does 80's chorus perfectly.

Any other Fulltone Vibe users here? Love to hear your opinions.

I've been using a crème coloured Mini-Deja'Vibe since 2007 or 2008. Great pedal. Recently picked up a MDV3 for the foot treadle. Also a great pedal.

Vibes are awesome. I prefer to use them subtly to create movement. They can get hypnotic when don't right.

image.jpeg

Do you run your vibe into the amps input or fx loop? So far I've took Mr. Trowers approach and put in the amp input (just after my EP clone).

First in line. Vibes work best when fed an unbuffered signal. If buffered, it's not as throbby and starts to sound more like a phaser.

screamingdaisy said:
First in line. Vibes work best when fed an unbuffered signal. If buffered, it's not as throbby and starts to sound more like a phaser.
That was my impression. Thing is, you read about folks like Gilmour using it down the fx line after fuzz/dirt. Regardless, my little experiment when I got home with it landed it on my dirt board right before the "EP" boost. Left the traditional time fx in the loop.

One of those pedals I've always wanted but just didn't realize how much it was needed. Michael Fuller got this thing right!

I used to use it wah->fuzz->vibe because that's the way Hendrix used it. I switched it to vibe->wah->dirt after reading an article written by Fuller explaining how to best position it.

Fuller is a firm believer in vibe before dirt for sure. I'm pretty sure Trower does it that way now too. Right now that's now mine is setup. After preamp/dirt gives a touch more Gilmour sound but I'm diggin' it in the front. Kind of the way I like phasers in front like Van Halen.

Also, I use the DC-5 I have's for my gain so in front it stays. Maybe it's me but it sounds clearer in the front. Still keep it behind the EP boost as I like it hitting the front end of the amps input.

Latest posts

Back