Trouble shooting FX loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapkane93

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum but I figured I would give it a shot since we are all musicians here. I've been having a problem with my Mark V and a chorus pedal in the effects loop. If I have either of my chorus pedals in the effects loop, the volume drops and it sounds muddy, regardless of the pedal is on or off. If I take it out it out, my other effects work perfectly. If I put either chorus pedals in front of the amp, both work flawlessly. I've messed with all the levels, batteries, power suppkies, new cables, etc. I don't know why it does it, and I even bought an MXR analog chorus because I thought the Boss CH-1 was the problem. I'm just looking for any type of suggestion to try. It is getting real frustrating since I paid $2500 for a head that I can't use the way I want. I've also hooked up both pedals to my Marshall JVM410 and I had no problem, so I have a strong feeling it is the Mark V causing my grief.

Turn your FX Send down to 10:00 or 11:00 and then bring it up a little at a time until you're satisfied. You could be maxing out the input of the pedal. My Recto has to be at about 11:00 for some effects (especially EHX pedals).

Otherwise, those pedals have a buffer that is always on. The Send buffer into the Chorus buffer might not sound very good. The floor pedals were designed with the buffers for long cable runs into the front of the amp and are instrument level, not line level. A true bypass chorus might be a solution or something like one of the Boss multi-effect pedal boards.

Back