Trouble with effetcs loop on Triple Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alucardtes

Reaction score
So while I'm not new to guitar playing, I am 100% ignorant of the technical aspect of effects, loops, etc. and don't understand a word of it so please avoid using jargon LOL.

I am using an old Triple Rectifier head (early 2000's) and cannot figure out how to eliminate or lessen the noise from my effects loop when running my delay and reverb pedals through it. The pedals sound like crap in the front of the head (I get this metallic tone or I don't get any effect at all). Suggestions? Thanks.

And all my tubes are new btw.

Your loop is probably parallel, meaning the dry sound and the loop sound run side by side and mix together at the return pot. A parallel loop is meant to be lightly mixed in with the return knob and the pedals should be 100% wet for this (mix at 100%). Make sure your Send knob is at Noon when beginning. Turn it one way or the other by a small amount until the sound of the loop on and off are about the same.

The alternatives are:

Have the return maxed out and set the mix on your pedals. The Send still balances the volume between on and off.

Modify the loop to serial. This eliminates the dry side-chain and removes the filtering effects of a parallel loop. However, the loop has to always be on for the amp to work at all.

Latest posts

Back