Tremolo pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbone

Reaction score
Looking into a tremolo pedal for my Mark V.
The Diamond Tremolo pedal, Fulltone Supa trem, empress tremolo look pretty nice
Anyone have experience with these or other units?

I've been using a Voodoo Lab Tremolo that I bought used a long time ago. It's a photo cell tremolo and sounds pretty similar to the tremolo in my Vibrolux Reverb. The only concern that I have with it is that the intensity and speed controls are touchy. They each cover the full range of the Vibrolux Reverb's controls in about an eighth of their range.

I'd love to try the Supa Trem but its wide format might not fit on my pedalboard.

I love trems! I had the MXR Tremolo for awhile, that was pretty cool. The Diamond was nice when I played it with my brother-in-laws rig. I am using the Strymon FLINT right now - AWESOME! and it has reverb too!

I had the opportunity to try both the Diamond and the Empress pedals before buying. They employ similar circuitry and features, are both expensive as hell, and both sound excellent. The Diamond has four waveform options vs. three on the Empress, and the Empress will toggle between two speeds whereas the Diamond will only double the current speed. I wound up choosing the Diamond because I liked the larger knobs and the waveform selector position over the Empress.

I’ve had several trems and the Demeter tremulator has stuck. Sounds great, small footprint.

I know this is an older thread but the Earthquaker Devices Night Wire has a nice harmonic tremolo function.

I've been enjoying the Rowin Trelicopter. Import clone of the more famous Demeter Tremulator. Never heard a Tremulator in person but I totally love this super cheap alternative. Thing's ti(ny too!.

8/22/2010)Since this posting I've been using Fulltone Supa Trem Jr. I see it staying on my board.

Back