Best guitar leads and effects leads?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleeced

Reaction score
Hi - sorry if this question has been done before ... But what recommendations have you all got for the best guitar leads ... And also best leads to use in the effects loop? ... Looking for some real good quality ones.

Also looking for a couple of 12" patch leads to connect a delay pedal in the effects loop

Thanks

This has been discussed ad nauseum. Try searching for "cables" and "cords" instead of "leads" and you will likely find quite a lot of information.

I use Live Wire elite cables because they're tough and noise-free when scraping across the ground or when stepped on. Monster cables didn't last very long for me and Planet Waves cords plain old suck, cheap garbage, one expensive, one just cheap chinese garbage. The sound is affected by cables on long runs, but not as much as you'd think. The difference in sound between a $5.00 cord and a $50.00 cord is very minimal, most of the time in a blind test it's unnoticeable, but is real. So basically if a cable is noise free and tough, I like it. One tone sucking pedal will kill your tone a million times more than any cable. I'd research "capacitance" first if you're interested in what is real and what is bull-crap. When it comes to wasting money on guitar gear, fancy cables are second only to Boutique Amps.

Latest posts

Back