My "B" effects rig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Barchetta

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of you may have seen this on FB, but for others...

I run my MK V with a TC Elec G-System hooked with the 4 cable method. Excellent. Using a Mini Amp Gizmo, the rig does everything I want. I play at my church often, and althogh they provide great amps (including Boogies), the effects available can be hit or miss...I also occasionally play festivals where sometimes it's more feasible to use the backline amps they provide. Very hard to use a 4 cbl G Syst with a strange amp!

So, I decided I needed a "B" effects rig. Just the basics, I play with some OD, a little light delay, and 'verb. I like things to be tidy and functional...so, after a little research, I decided on a Mooer rig. Very small, great sound, and reasonably priced. Plus, I like their proprietary board/case.

It's loaded with a Baby Tuner, Hustle Drive (OCD clone), Mod Factory, Reecho, and SkyVerb.

Haven't gigged with it yet, but it has been great at home.

For any still interested, I've gigged several times with this rig...it works excellent! I'm thinking of buying a Huges and Kettner Red box and keeping it in the gig bag with this. In the unlikely (but potentially tragic) event of an amp failure on a gig, I'm confident that I can just plug this into a direct box with cab sim and finish the gig direct into the PA and monitored through the wedges or in ears.

I really like the quality of these effects. Money well spent.

RB

Back