2 Pt-1's or PT-Pro

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewtwloha

Reaction score
Hello, I've currently been gigging with a PT-1 with hard case. The only negative aspect of this is that I have a few big pedals that take up way too much room as well as the actual Roadster foot switch. I have to place my digitech whammy DT pedal and my footswitch on the floor. I'm no longer interested in doing so, I want a cleaner, neater and safer rig.

Rig:
Guitar
- PRS SE ZM with Seymore Duncan Invader Bridge and Neck with original mid pickup
Amp
- Mesa Roadster with 2x12 rectifier cab
Pedals that I use
- Mesa Boogie Roadster Foot-switch
- Dunlop Volume Pedal
- Snark tuner
- TC Electronics Nova Delay
- EP booster
- Digitech Whammy DT
- Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
- Boss ch-1 chorus
- Boss DD-3 Delay
- Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Seeing as I already have 1 PT-1 with hardcase it'd make more sense, economically, to just purchase another one. However I'm trying to way the pro's and cons with going with a single pedal board vs 2 smaller ones

I'm using a PT pro and really like it. It will save the need for a second power supply vs. 2 boards and will allow you to have better signal routing and less setup headache. You can generally find them used for very reasonable prices, often with the power supply already installed.

I actually have two, one for my A rig and one for my B rig. Sort of a perfect size for good flexibility and reasonable portability. And they are both stuffed to the gills.

I have a PT-Pro too. It's nice to have the space in the middle for me as I layered my rows against the very bottom and very top. Smaller boards you kind of need a switching system not to constantly mess up knob settings.

Latest posts

Back