5 band geq power supply?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lectar

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question, would a 9vdc 500m/a power supply be enough to power the 5 band eq? Cheers.

More than likely. As long as the mA rating of the power supply is above the required 15mA(minimum) of the pedal you will be fine. Also the polarity of the plug should match the pedal requirements. I am using a 1400mA supply which is more than enough. I could probably power more devices with it.

lectar said:
Hey guys, quick question, would a 9vdc 500m/a power supply be enough to power the 5 band eq? Cheers.

yep. 500 milliamps is 1/2 amp. that's enough to power several pedals (like 6 or 7 without a voltage drop, if it is a regulated power supply). 9 volts at 500 milliamps means it will provide 9 volts dc at a load of 500 milli amps. If you are drawing only 15 or so milli amps with your eq, it's gonna provide more than enough voltage, often up to 15 volts or so.

I use a 1400 ma power supply that I added a voltage regulator and filter caps to and it powers about 10 pedals with no problem and no noise.

Latest posts

Back