Best way to tap tempo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumbpick

Reaction score
Hi there!

I have a pretty simple pedal board:

In front of the amp
TC PolyTune 2 >
FX Engineering Mirage Comp >
Strymon Mobius (pre)

FX Loop
Eventide TimeFactor >
Strymon Mobius (post) >
Xotic EP Booster

I'm looking for a way to have a single pedal to tap tempo into the Eventide and Strymon pedals simultaneously. The Eventide Factor pedals are notoriously useless on-stage for from a switching perspective without adding an extra bank of pedals - you can't even "bank down" through your patches and you have to put it in a different mode by holding the pedal down for tap. I play in a 3 piece so there's no time to be fiddling with modes, etc. Just need something to push tempo to the two digital pedals. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Nick

I'd look into using the Mobius as a master, either with the built-in tap or an external tap pedal, and then see if you can't send that to the Time Factor via MIDI.

Markedman said:
Just out of curiosity, what kind of music do you play?

My band Kindler gets compared most often to Rush (bass player sings lead and has a high voice...), Tool, and sometimes Mastodon or Yes. When I'm on my own, I do the Chet Atkins/Jerry Reed thing.

Take a listen if you get a sec and let me know what you think!
http://www.kindlerband.com/music

elvis said:
I'd look into using the Mobius as a master, either with the built-in tap or an external tap pedal, and then see if you can't send that to the Time Factor via MIDI.

I'll definitely give that a try!! Thanks!

The Eventide Factor pedals require the Aux. Switch and Expression Pedal to even begin to scratch the surface of their potential. With a simple Digitech FS-3, ( http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FS3X ) you can have Tap Tempo, Bank Down, and a third control of your choice. You can also assign multiple functions to each of the 3 footswitches. You can set the TimeFactor as the Master Clock and the Tap Tempo will apply to the other MIDI connected devices. I come from an Eventide background though so that is the way I would approach the problem first. There may be simpler solutions. But the Aux. Switch and Expression Pedal really extend the Factor pedals abilities so I recommend getting those regardless! Nice pedals by the way! :D

Back