Switch Problem, any suggestions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derekjason

Reaction score
I have an ISP Decimator, that takes a OEM Boss type switch. The switch has failed. I bought an OEM switch. Problem is, the one in the ISP is slightly larger than a boss one, so the boss switch falls right through the hole. There's no Number on the ISP one that i can look up. I'm about to toss it in the trash unless someone knows what im talking about. thanks dudes.

hmm idk, switch is a square plastic housing, maybe i could try to find a circular washer, if thats what you meant. i tried to solder a piece of a razor into the frame making the hole smaller. It would have worked perfect, but the solder would not stick to the pedal or razor. drats.

The washer seems ideal. A thin one with a square center should be obtainable.

Solder is probably not a good long-term solution, as it is too soft to take the mechanical beating of a footswitch. And I doubt you'll get it to stick to stainless steel. Probably you could get it to stick to the housing if you scrape down to base metal and get it hot enough.

Google square hole washer
http://www.kabatmachinery.com/products/P34103-slack-washer-1-1-8-square-hole-John-Deere-Disc-Harrow-parts-294676.html

I found various examples, square inside and/or outside.

Have you tried to get one from ISP?

There is a contact form on their website, as well as their address and phone #.

ISP Technologies
5479 Perry Drive #B,
Waterford, MI. 48329.
(248) 673-7790

Give them a call, I'm sure they would help.

Dom

Latest posts

Back