Envelope filter reverse effect

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackie

Reaction score
My friend builds pedals and his most recent build is an envelope filter - he brought it over to my place and we started twiddling with it and since I don't really hold any preconceptions (and I've also never played an envelope filter before :lol: ) I just twisted and turned the (as of yet) unlabelled knobs and somehow, we noticed that the pedal gives a "reverse" or "attack killing" effect - the coolest part is that it's based on the signal strength, though counter-intuitively so: when you hit hard, the silence before the note fades in is longer, if you play lighter, the silence before the fade is shorter. We discovered you can adjust the amount of silence (so basically sensitivity) with the guitar's volume pot very effectively.

I don't have a lot of time since I should be doing uni stuff but I managed to schlop together a quick demo of how this sounds. Fucking gnarly if you ask me. :D

Needless to say I don't really play stoner rock but if I did, I would be all over this thing, definitely :twisted:

Back