Triple Rec and Digitech FX loop setup help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Background Noise

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first time posting here with possibly a simple task for most of you. Ive been playing guitar for over 20 years now, but have been playing drums in bands for the last 15 years. Im used to playing through stomp boxes and channel selectors so my knowledge of FX loops and patches are very, very limited so please be patient if you decide to help me out.

I have a triple rectifier and a Digitech GSP 1101 effects processor with the Controller 2 pedal board. Right now im using the triple for power only and using the Digitech for clean and heavy tones with whatever effects I need. Im trying to get the fx loop to work in a way so that I can use the triple's heavy and clean tones but use the Digitech for effects only, and have the controller 2 pedal board act as a channel selector. Ive tried looking this up on youtube and other sites but the posters just show off what their rigs can do, not really explaining how to hook everything up or what settings in the Digitech to change and alter.

Any advice is appreciated, especially from a stupid drummer trying to get back into guitar playing. Thanks!

Greetings. :D
Easy man. Four Cable Method.
Guitar to GSP1101 guitar input, GSP1101 FX Send to Recto guitar input, Recto FX send to GSP1101 FX return, GSP1101 mono output to Recto FX return.
You will need to program your GSP1101's fx loop to be used as an "Amp Model" and basically your Triple Recto will be one of the amps you can select all the while running any effects before or after the Triple's preamp.
The owner's manual for your GSP1101 will sort this out in better detail for you.
This setup is not able to switch the channels of your amp though. That will require you to either use the stock footswitch or buy a midi amp switcher.
Hope this helps.
(According to the GSP1101 manual they refer to this setup as the "Amp Input/Preamp Loop")

Latest posts

Back