Pedal board with Dual Recto help sought

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enuenu

Reaction score
Trying to work out the best way to organize my board. here's a diagram of how I have it now;

it4v.jpg

Is this the best way to do it? In particular I'm not sure about whether I should be using the Mesa Dual Rectifier's FX loop (parallel loop). To compound my confusion the G-String Decimator noise reduction pedal I have can be incorporated into the loop.

Here is the G-String manual in its one page entirety;

Do I need some sort of interface/buffer device?
Any advice appreciated.

You don't have a lot of options, as the loop is parallel.

With a parallel loop, I'd try to put the X4 in the loop. The G-string loop section won't work with the parallel loop.

If you go to serial loop, or if the loop can be set for 100% wet, I'd use the G-String in loop as well, plus move both the X4 and jam man into the loop. The EQ would probably work better in the loop, but it depends on what you're doing with it.

The Flashback pedal has dip switches inside that can be set for "dry kill" as well as true bypass vs. buffered. The dry kill feature is supposed to be specifically for parallel effects loops however, you must also select the buffered option when using dry kill. This didn't work well for my setup but it works perfect through my parallel effects loop in the factory delfault setting, which is true bypass. This may be due to the way I have all of my other pedals arranged, I don't know. I don't think there's a "right" or "wrong" way to do it. I think it's just going to require you spend a little time experimenting with what works/sounds best to you.
For example, I typically run all of my modulating pedals through my effects loop. However, I have an EVH Phaser that sounds like garbage through the effects loop. I tried placing it in different places in my effects chain and nothing worked. Then I placed it in front of the amp and it works perfect.

Latest posts

Back