Boss gt 10 + 2 Channel Recto = 3 Ch. awesomeness!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tone1026

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Boss gt 10 to replace my old gt 3, and I have found the functionality on this thing to be outstanding. I was getting some bad popping when switching to my Orange clean running direct, and was chewing on ideas to get both distortion channels AND still have a clean channel that didn't POP when I switched into it.

Well turns out using the 4 cable method with the Boss GT10 you can turn off the send/return loop on the pedal to bypass your recto preamp completely. Which means for me I have a "third" channel. I can run all my cleans straight to the power amp and model any kind of different clean preamp sounds without giving up my orange channels distortion. 8)

Also the "amp control" feature works well with the 2 channel recto. I can assign any patch with either channel. or switch channels within a patch. I can have my normal distortion in say red, switch to a patch in orange channel, with delay, chorus etc. 8)

This thing also has 2 noise suppressors in the chain that work phenomenally. One you can put before the loop to eliminate feedback, AND one you can put after the preamp eliminating line noise amplified by the preamp. 8)

That's funny. I'm still rocking the GT-3 too. :lol:
I've been looking at replacing it with a current production model as well. The GT-100 was my go to because of my experience with Boss but I don't care for the amp models very much. So mow I'm torn between the RP1000, Pod HD500, and the Eleven Rack.
I'll be running mine similar to yours with my Roadster in the 4CM and using it for recording.

I decided to overlook the COSM modeling, because boss builds tanks..and I'm using my triple rectifier for distortion. Their effects are great, functionality is even better.

The amp models on my GT-6 are pasable for headphone practice and absolute last-resort backup for going directly to PA.

But the FX are awesome, I've yet to find a LINE6 or ZOOM product with such great 'verb, chorus, flange, phase, delay...

Back