Muddy Fulltone Clyde Wah Wah - thoughts

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FunkyMonkey

Reaction score
Hi,

I am using a Fulltone Clyde Delux Wah (pre-output buffer addition) straight into the front of a LoneStar Classic. On Ch2, with gain and drive set around 2-3pm, the wah effect almost disappears, even using a Strat with the bridge pick-up. Any suggestions for fixing this without affecting my core tone, as I only use Wah on a few things, perhaps a buffer or something?

Thanks,

Duncan

I've had problems with Wah disappearing when using moderate to high gain. I recommend looking for one with a wider sweep. I have a Buddy Guy wah that works really well where my Bad Horsie II was not working at all (no discernable wah at high gain). I suspect the metal wahs (Wylde, Dime, etc) have a really wide sweep to work better at high gain.

Try this:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=60288&p=430770#p430770

I have got the Delux, so whilst I like the standard position 'jimi' I think it is called, I might try one of the other two setting 'wacked' and 'shaft' I think they are or something like that. Shame though as the Jimi setting sounds great on the clean channel. Just might need to be a bit more careful with my foot control :)

Cheers,

Duncs

Back