TC Electronic G-Force and Mark V head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkaczano

Reaction score
Just picked up a G Force. I want to make sure I am using it properly. I couldn't set up an account in the TC Electronics forums so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone in this forum.

My understanding of the OUTPUT knob on the MARK V is that when the loop is employed, this controls my overall volume.

I want to ensure I understand how to use the SEND nob on the back of the MARK V with the Input/Output knobs on the G Force. I am not really sure what to do with the G-Force INPUT/OUTPUT knobs.

The G Force manual states that its INPUT should be -3 to -6 db. Should I be seeing the lights to the right of the INPUT/OUTPUT knobs of the G-Force light up to -3 to -6?. Only the first bar lights up when I play (i.e. green light at -40 db).

Secondly, I am assuming that I:
- L-Only as I am coming in Mono from the MARK V
- INPUT on G-Force set to Analog
- Kill Dry on the G-Force to off.

Thanks

rkaczano said:
Just picked up a G Force. I want to make sure I am using it properly. I couldn't set up an account in the TC Electronics forums so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone in this forum.

My understanding of the OUTPUT knob on the MARK V is that when the loop is employed, this controls my overall volume.

I want to ensure I understand how to use the SEND nob on the back of the MARK V with the Input/Output knobs on the G Force. I am not really sure what to do with the G-Force INPUT/OUTPUT knobs.

The G Force manual states that its INPUT should be -3 to -6 db. Should I be seeing the lights to the right of the INPUT/OUTPUT knobs of the G-Force light up to -3 to -6?. Only the first bar lights up when I play (i.e. green light at -40 db).

Secondly, I am assuming that I:
- L-Only as I am coming in Mono from the MARK V
- INPUT on G-Force set to Analog
- Kill Dry on the G-Force to off.

Thanks
check out this post,,,some great info on the G" units
http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=63901
your assumption is correct,,i have my g major configured the same way..
once you balance the the knobs on the g force and and the effect loop knobs on the back ,,it will sound great...
the solo boost works great too once you have it all dialed in
at first i didnt enjoy the loop at all until i really got into it,,,,,also read the manual on the loop section....

One thing though...

I can get my amp to sound consistent when I have the loop active on the back of the Mark V amp and when it is not active. However I will not be turning my effects on using that method.

Where I struggle is when I am using the Mesa Mark V foot switch and click the effects on/off. Completely different levels are realized.

Why is this?

At the end of the day I will likely end up using a MIDI controller and not the Mesa Mark V footswitch. If that is the case I am assuming that I will be engaging the bypass on the G Force from the MIDI Controller and it is this bypass that I should be comparing to the effects.

Thanks

it does take a little tweaking,,,to get the levels the same play with the send level on the back,,and on the front when the loop is active adjust the master volume,,,,,also the global out levels in the geforce make a difference along with the input and output knobs on the fromt of the gforce....
hope this is not too confusing....toggle the on and off loop switch on the pedal until you have even volumes......the "effects level"in the gforce also has an affect on the volume as well...i have my knobs on my gmajor set at 3 oclock...
midi controller such as the mini amp gizmo would be the way to go....
i forgot to mention that the solo switch adds an amazing boost of sound when the loop is active....set that level low at first and then adjust as you like..
i usually leave mine on all the time....adds some good bottom end when the eq is engaged......

When you say:

"also the global out levels in the geforce make a difference along with the input and output knobs on the fromt of the gforce...."

Where are the Global Out levels? I now where the In/Out knobs are on the front of the unit but I am not sure where the Global Out levels are.

Thanks

on my gmajor there is a button on the front that says "all levels"and the global out is in there.....i just looked at a pic of the g force and i dont see that button,so the global out if there is one on the gforce may be in the i/o setup button or the effects button......if you have the manual for the g force see if it is in there...also try the utility button........sorry if i had the better gforce i could help you a lot easier....i was going to get one of those in the first place but opted for the gmajor.....

Back