Simple (linear) Pedal Board

Guitar and bass FX discussion

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned

yardbird mac
Mark I

Simple (linear) Pedal Board

Post by yardbird mac » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:11 am

Does anyone make a simple, preferably flat, or minimal slope, pedal board? Here's what I need... Due to a partial amputation to my left foot I have some minor balance issues. I need a pedal board that is linear (not tiered).

My effects chain for my FENDR DRRI is: Tuner - Wah - Compressor - Overdrive (1) - Overdrive (2) - 10 band EQ - Analog Delay - Stereo Chorus.

My Effects chain for the MESA/Boogie Express 5:50 (going through the effects loop) is: Tuner - Wah* - Compressor - 10 band EQ - Analog Delay - Stereo Chorus.

Another thought... is there a foot controller that would allow me to use these effects without mounting them on a pedal board (my apologies for my ignorance on this one!).

* In this case, the Wah won't be going through the effects loop.

thunda1216
Mark IV

Re: Simple (linear) Pedal Board

Post by thunda1216 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:16 pm

BoiceBox F-26HT - Sweetwater
Trailer Trash FlatTrash is a nice one ( http://trailertrashpedalboards.com/flattrash-boards )

there are a lot out there, just do a search...
When Gibsons are outlawed, only outlaws will have Gibsons

elvis
Donating Member

Post by elvis » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:34 pm

Look for loopers. Like Rocktron Loop 8 floor. They can usually bypass effects pedals and give rudimentary amp control. Some are patch-programmable so you can use fewer switch presses to get multiple FX changes at the same time.
Mini Rectifier blue LED
Recto 2x12 Vertical
Recto 2x12 Wedge

Given To Fly
Mark III

Post by Given To Fly » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:44 am

I realize this thread is super old but something like this would do the job: http://cusackmusic.com/pbt6-switcher/

You basically have 6 FX loops that you can turn on and off at will. You can leave the FX pedals on the whole time and just engage the loop when you want to use them. Its a pretty cool piece of gear!