NPD Dunlop Zw45 wah

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorn218

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I actually got this pedal two weeks ago. I wanted to give it a couple weeks on my pedalboard before reviewing it. I am seriously digging this pedal. It is voiced very well for heavy music. I dont play other styles so ymmv. I have been using the CFH wah since 2008 and the Zakk Wylds wah took a big old dump all over the camouflague painted wah. Yes if you are not careful your playing will sound like some blonde pseudobiker is playing through your amp. But this wah nails letting harmonics scream and the play within the effect itself is rather long which i really like. I can get a flanging type effect. The bass to treble sweep is pretty wide as well. I now have a wah that is useful and where you can hear it being used, unlike the CFH wah with its blt in boost. This wah is fairly loud.

I have one thing negative to say about this pedal. The point in the rocking where the effect starts to shift is fairly high. Meaning, most wahs shift in the final third of tredle travel. This pedal is set up right the opposite. The sweep happens during the first part of tredle rocking. I tried setting the gear teeth to drop the action a bit and found out the pedal would bottom out before the sweep was complete. It now sits back stock and I have relearned wah usage. This is not truly a negative, just my personal gripe. I am an animal of habit and hate relearning things. Well tough sh** on me lol. In a nutshell, the Zakk Wylde sig crybaby is a pretty good piece if kit and would recommend it to anyone looking for a non subtle wah.

Latest posts

Back