G Major 2 or Line 6 M13 or Eventide

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draggin

Reaction score
Hello all,
I always read on here but never post. Here's my question and any input is appreciated.

I recently got the gmajor2. i have a dual rec (parallel loop).
I currently use a boss gt6 and other pedals in the effects loop with awesome results. (6 years now)
When I hook up the gmajor2 it sounds ok on clean but when I try to use tremolo, flanger, phaser effects, it sounds pretty bad. Plus it took me a long time to even get a decent clean tone with chorus.

End result I want is the GCX/GCP with effects/pedals in the rack controlled via midi. No more tap dancing.

So do I... Get rid of the gmajor2 cause my effects loop is the problem? Even though gt6 sounds great?
Get the reborn dual? Get Eventide pedals?(only 1 effect at a time per pedal)

The M13 seems easy to tweak and setup but how's the reliability and sound?

Thanks for any input.

The G-Major 2 instructions tell you how to set it up for a parallel loop. iirc (sold mine a while ago), you have to kill the dry signal in the general settings.

Thanks for the reply. I set up everything per the manual. Killdry and all. I should have stated that before.
Still not so good. :(
What did you get to replace the gmajor2?

I used the G-Major 2 with a Triaxis and 2:90, both of which I sold a few weeks ago. I'm now using an Eventide Timefactor and Pitchfactor in between a Rectifier Recording Pre and a 2:100. I tried them in the parallel loop, but the octaver in the Pitchfactor REALLY doesn't like the parallel loop.

tonefordays said:
I used the G-Major 2 with a Triaxis and 2:90, both of which I sold a few weeks ago. I'm now using an Eventide Timefactor and Pitchfactor in between a Rectifier Recording Pre and a 2:100. I tried them in the parallel loop, but the octaver in the Pitchfactor REALLY doesn't like the parallel loop.

Not to hijack the thread but does the Eventide TimeFactor work well in the Rectifier Recording Pre's parallel loop?

To the OP, the Eventide Stompboxes are really great! Its true you can only use 1 effect at a time but each effect has 10 parameters. I could use my TimeFactor as a Phaser or Chorus if I wanted and thats before I even consider using delay or not. They really powerful pedals! They are also really complicated to use, but once you get the hang of it, they start to make sense. The other reason I like the Eventide pedals over pretty much anything else, at least in the digital realm, is they are more than just guitar pedals. I could use the TimeFactor as a delay in Pro Tools if I wanted because each pedal can operate at line level. They are also dead quiet which makes them usable as studio effects and wonderful as guitar pedals.

They may not be what you need or want, but I would check out them out if you are at all curious!

Given To Fly said:
Not to hijack the thread but does the Eventide TimeFactor work well in the Rectifier Recording Pre's parallel loop?
I didn't get much of a chance to test that due to the ungodly sounds the Pitchfactor makes in the loop, but the Timefactor seemed OK when I was on a Pitchfactor patch that didn't give me issues.

Back