NPD - Flux Drive

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domct203

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Just got this last night. Great build quality (as expected), sounds great into either the Stiletto or MKV at living room volumes.

I bought this to compare to my BB Preamp, which I use as a boost to my Roadster. I'll be away for business for a while so I will not be able to try it on my main rig with the band for at least 2 weeks :(

I'll be sure to post my results!

Here's the pics!
4244AE1C-E539-46D2-9F35-5B9531AD3749-3279-000001CC95DC4CF1_zps4cd77cfa.jpg

3DAD88AD-94B3-4D71-B14C-7F8D91967883-3279-000001CC8B79D9A2_zps81a2f27c.jpg

Dom

I just bought a Flux from Sweetwater. Will be here Friday.

I tried the BB at Guitar Center, they didn't have a Dyne so tried it on the Roadster. Sounded amazing with the Roadster but when I got it home and tried it with my ED it sounded like a midrange kick to the nuts... Didn't like it at all..

See how the Flux does. Keep you posted..

Definitely looking forward to seeing how it compares to the BB. Lately I'm not feeling the BB because not matter how much tweaking I do the tone seems to get thin. I've resorted to kicking the BB in the balls with the OCD in HP mode then into channel 3 vintage with the channel gain around 10 o'clock

Wow. My experience is exactly the opposite. I use a BB and OD808 with both my Dyne and MR, and the 808 is the thin one and the BB is the really fat one. I have them set for not much drive, and drive the BB with the 808 when I want more drive.

At low drive settings with the treble turned down just a bit the BB is really fat and mellow, but still has a fair amount of drive.

elvis said:
Wow. My experience is exactly the opposite. I use a BB and OD808 with both my Dyne and MR, and the 808 is the thin one and the BB is the really fat one. I have them set for not much drive, and drive the BB with the 808 when I want more drive.

At low drive settings with the treble turned down just a bit the BB is really fat and mellow, but still has a fair amount of drive.

Let me elaborate... when I have the BB set volume at around 1, gain almost off and treble/bass around noon, the sounds is very fat but also too mellow. So I've played with the gain and treble to where it adds some bite but then it gets thin sounding. i can't seem to find the sweet spot. With my OCD set with volume around 3, gain almost off and tone around 1 in HP mode everything seems to get nice, fat and buttery. I just find the OCD works great with the gainier channels but not as well with the clean/low gain channels, so thats why I bought the BB. It could just be I'm trying to find a tone that the Roadster channel 1 or 2 and the BB just can't produce.

I finally had a chance to try this pedal with my Roadster. For me, it is absolutly perfect. Tight (& plenty of) bass & a perfectly transparent midrange. The BB Preamp is either thinner in the lower mids, or has more of an upper mid hump that makes it somewhat brittle to my ears compared to the Flux Drive.

I'm using it as a boost & believe I have the bass around 2:00, the treble around 10:00, The level aroung 12:30-1:00 and the gain around 8:30-9:00 (just cracked). Ch 4 Modern gain is around 12:00 and my Ch 3 Vintage lead gain is around 1-1:30, Sounds awesome.

While I wont be selling my BB Pre, I do believe that the Flux Drive is staying with the Roadster.

Dom

domct203 said:
I finally had a chance to try this pedal with my Roadster. For me, it is absolutly perfect. Tight (& plenty of) bass & a perfectly transparent midrange. The BB Preamp is either thinner in the lower mids, or has more of an upper mid hump that makes it somewhat brittle to my ears compared to the Flux Drive.

I'm using it as a boost & believe I have the bass around 2:00, the treble around 10:00, The level aroung 12:30-1:00 and the gain around 8:30-9:00 (just cracked). Ch 4 Modern gain is around 12:00 and my Ch 3 Vintage lead gain is around 1-1:30, Sounds awesome.

While I wont be selling my BB Pre, I do believe that the Flux Drive is staying with the Roadster.

Dom

So it's more of a full range boost? I have a BB Pre w/ Mid-boost that I use for leads on vintage and for certain kinds of metal. I really want to try out the Flux Drive and Grid Slammer, and if the Flux Drive is more of a full-range type thing, I probably wouldn't use it a ton.

Thanks for the review!

So still playing the the Flux. Got it Friday.

Great on its own with clean channel. Not as buttery as my OCD but not as middy as the BB was..

Using it as a boost you can't crack the gain too much or it turns to mud. You also have to beware of the treble as it has a ton already at noon.

I'm diggin it though. Need to mess with it some more but I think its a keeper..

The BB was not pleasing to my ears with my Dyne but sounded great with the Roadster.. Funny how we all hear something different.

Dom[/quote]

So it's more of a full range boost? I have a BB Pre w/ Mid-boost that I use for leads on vintage and for certain kinds of metal. I really want to try out the Flux Drive and Grid Slammer, and if the Flux Drive is more of a full-range type thing, I probably wouldn't use it a ton.

I feel its more of a full range boost. While the BB and the Grid will help you boost mids and cut though better..

elvis said:
I have Vol Gain and Treb about 10:30 and Bass about 12:30.

Elvis.. I used your settings for your Flux and WOW. Sounds amazing.

I finally got my rig dialed in. A/B/Y my Dyne and Dark Terror with the Flux... I am blown away. Didn't want to stop playing tonight..

Will post some clips later this week.

I use a BB with my ED and I absolutely love it! I set the gain at 9:00, and the remaining controls at noon. On Vintage Lo, the amp roars like a mad beast with my volume set at about 1:30-2:00. When I switch to Vintage Hi, it gets a little mushy, but not bad at all. I really love using the BB on the clean channel, it's perfect for blues! Not too much gain and not too clean. I also have an EP Booster running before the BB. I set that at about 9:00 and just leave it on all the time. That really sparkles up the clean channel.

Anyone try the FLUX drive with a Stiletto. I was wondering if the flux bass knob boosted the bottom end in a noticeable rectifier way ?

Back