Way Huge Green Rhino - opinions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CM_X5

Reaction score
I've been reading up on the Green Rhino and just wanted some opinions. I'd like some of your thoughts on it (sound, reliability, comparisons). It's $99 as opposed to the Maxon OD808 for $140 so I'm basically deciding between these 2.

I think it's a really good pedal. I got mine used for $50 (Canadian, no less) and think it sounds great. For $99, it's still a bargain. If you like the sound, go for it.

bcdon said:
I think it's a really good pedal. I got mine used for $50 (Canadian, no less) and think it sounds great. For $99, it's still a bargain. If you like the sound, go for it.
I'm in Canada as well and the $99 did surprise me a bit. Considering I saw it on an American retailers site for $129. Do you find yourself actually using the added bass and mid controls?

I got it on clearance at Long & McQuade and was surprised by the good price considering I never find a good deal there. ;-) As for the bass/mid controls, I have to admit I just use the eq on my boogie for that.. I'm probably missing out on something but I do find this to be a nice pedal. I have a Wampler SLO distortion -- I know, different beast -- but I like the Rhino better.

Hey I'm considering adding the Green Rhino to my rig. I have a Solo 50 I use for gigs (light weight compared to my Roadster and still has all that sweet Boogie tone). However sometimes I notice at different venues that I'm not getting like my max tone/OD. I figure it's due to poor electrical or something, but I want to add an OD pedal that can help push the tubes when I run into this kind of problem.

1) Do you think this is a good solution?

2) Do you think the Way Huge Green Rhino is a good box that'll make my harmonics pop and give me that extra crunch? If not, what do you guys think is a better pedal for the job and why?

Thanks for your input!

Back