Korg racktuners sucking tone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r0nn!e

Reaction score
Or not? I'm looking for one and some guys say that KORG DTR-1, DTR-2 or DTR-1000/2000 sucking the tone if you put it into signal chain. And because I have Triple Recto G. without TUNER OUT, I would have it right between guitar and amp....

Experience anybody?

Hook it up to the slave out. Only issue is that you won't be able to mute your guitar while you tune.

That said, I stopped using my DTR-2000 because it's really slow and not as accurate as todays pedal tuners.

Oh well, thanks for reply. I think the signal shouldn't be distorted when comes to tuner, so I won't use Slave out.

I'm recently using Korg Pitchblack and I'm very satisfied but I want to have as compact gear as possible so no more of these little boxes.

I've made thing up... I'll use A/B box in half-rack position so tuner won't suck my tone and I also could tune silently on stage. Simple and effective.

r0nn!e said:
Oh well, thanks for reply. I think the signal shouldn't be distorted when comes to tuner, so I won't use Slave out.

I'm recently using Korg Pitchblack and I'm very satisfied but I want to have as compact gear as possible so no more of these little boxes.

I've made thing up... I'll use A/B box in half-rack position so tuner won't suck my tone and I also could tune silently on stage. Simple and effective.

It's irrelevant if the signal is a gained up one or clean, for the tuner to work properly. FWIW, I don't run the tuner in my signal path. As suggested, earlier-- I also feed it with another source.

Trust me-- NO tone suck going on here. :wink:

IMAG0447.jpg

Back