Voodoo Lab Control Switcher?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody use the new Control Switcher?
I'm looking for a super fast midi amp switcher that doesn't cost a lot.
My G-Major 2 is really slow.

I know I could use an Amp Gizmo, but they are $100 more and I don't want to have to buy or make a special interface cable.

Plus, I really like Voodoo Lab. Great customer support and made in the US!

Hey thanks Dom!
I was hoping that you would chime in. Didn't you tell me that you thought the GCX was too slow for amp switching?
What did you decide not to control on your amp with the Control Switcher?

How do you like your GCX?
I am thinking that it would be really cool to have a few different dirt boxes and an eq that I can switch in and out.

I've never tried switching with the GCX, you must be thinking of someone else.

I use the Control Switcher for channel switching, and the G-Maj's relays for FX Loop & Solo.

I love the GCX, it ends the tap dance FOREVER. I just use it for my front-end stomps (2 ODs, Comp, EQ, Noise Gate, Phaser & recently an octave pedal. Works great.

Dom

That's brilliant! Why didn't I think of using the G relays along with the Control Switcher. I've been thinking a lot about a Roadster or Road King and have been putting off getting any type of switcher because of that.

One of these days, I'm gonna have to see pictures of your rig (guitar rig that is.....).

Thanks!

Monsta-Tone said:
One of these days, I'm gonna have to see pictures of your rig......
Seeing how you asked..........

These are a few months old so the pedal lineup/quanity has changed but you'll get the idea.

frontfull.jpg

front1.jpg

rearview.jpg

shelf1.jpg

board1.jpg

boardcase.jpg

cablogo.jpg

size.jpg

Dom

Monsta-Tone said:
****!!!!!!! That is sweet!

Where did you get the labels for the GCP?
And......
Who made your pedal board?
Thanks Andy.

I made both. I made the labels in CorelDRAW, then printed them on an 8X10 sheet at Walgreens Photo. Cut 'em out and stuck 'em on 8)

The pedalboard I made out of some 1/2" 9 ply birch ply and aluminum cap that I got from Lowes. I got the handles there too. The case is a generic 3/8 ATA case. I added the foam & divider myself.

Dom

HOLY MOLY that is a sweet Rig ! I just got my first Mesa Rig and slowly building it but that one is AMAZING ! I'm very green to the equipment side of this but have been playing for 30+ years and it's fun and frustrating. (did I mention expensive) & Lots of learning involved..I'll post a question when time permits and love this board already..Peace
Dave

Back