G-System?????

Guitar and bass FX discussion

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned

SonVolt
Mark III
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:09 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: G-System?????

Post by SonVolt » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Sorry for the rant. I think it was combination of lack of time on my part, funky amp impedance or grounding, overly complicated processor that just made me want to go in a different direction.
Well you just talked me out of selling my G Major 2 for a G-System. Guess I better start looking on CL for a GCP.

So is the G-System as pretty and as well made in real life as the pictures appear? It looks like its made of super thick metal.

User avatar
lesterpaul
Donating Member
Posts: 1459
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Badlands-North Alabama C+ Mafia-hitman

Re: G-System?????

Post by lesterpaul » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:07 am

SonVolt wrote:
Sorry for the rant. I think it was combination of lack of time on my part, funky amp impedance or grounding, overly complicated processor that just made me want to go in a different direction.
Well you just talked me out of selling my G Major 2 for a G-System. Guess I better start looking on CL for a GCP.

So is the G-System as pretty and as well made in real life as the pictures appear? It looks like its made of super thick metal.
well, my G was upstairs when the f-5 twister hit-the foot control unit got a few scratches because of so much debris falling on it-all of the buttons on the controller work(I had the "brain" in a rack, and if suffered damage because of the 5 inches of rain)-it is strong, because it was hit with everything imaginable(it was buried under wood,drywall,and twisted metal-I didn't find it for about a week...)
"major scales...whats that??"-Doug Aldrich
C+ DRG,B+DGX,C+KRG(Twocious Maximus)
TA-15,Bray, SLO, Glaswerks SOD
-black cat bone for good luck

SonVolt
Mark III
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:09 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: G-System?????

Post by SonVolt » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:43 am

lesterpaul wrote:
SonVolt wrote:
Sorry for the rant. I think it was combination of lack of time on my part, funky amp impedance or grounding, overly complicated processor that just made me want to go in a different direction.
Well you just talked me out of selling my G Major 2 for a G-System. Guess I better start looking on CL for a GCP.

So is the G-System as pretty and as well made in real life as the pictures appear? It looks like its made of super thick metal.
well, my G was upstairs when the f-5 twister hit-the foot control unit got a few scratches because of so much debris falling on it-all of the buttons on the controller work(I had the "brain" in a rack, and if suffered damage because of the 5 inches of rain)-it is strong, because it was hit with everything imaginable(it was buried under wood,drywall,and twisted metal-I didn't find it for about a week...)

I was in Decatur at work when it came through - several houses and a BBQ joint less than a quarter mile down the road were leveled. There was a BMW sitting up-side-down in the middle of a corn field about 200 yards from where it was parked. Definitely one of the craziest days of my life. Sorry about your house and gear! I hope insurance came through in a hurry.

User avatar
lesterpaul
Donating Member
Posts: 1459
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Badlands-North Alabama C+ Mafia-hitman

Re: G-System?????

Post by lesterpaul » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:07 am

SonVolt wrote:
I was in Decatur at work when it came through - several houses and a BBQ joint less than a quarter mile down the road were leveled. There was a BMW sitting up-side-down in the middle of a corn field about 200 yards from where it was parked. Definitely one of the craziest days of my life. Sorry about your house and gear! I hope insurance came through in a hurry.
here is a pic of our "safe room"(hallway bathroom)-the gear was in the room above this one...as you can imagine, I got my stuff reliced real damn fast!!!(250 mph winds will do that)I am sure some of it ended up in 'Nooga :)
Image

btw,Decatur(my hometown,along with a couple of Boogie bros on this board), has never been struck by 'nader.......might be time to move back :shock:
"major scales...whats that??"-Doug Aldrich
C+ DRG,B+DGX,C+KRG(Twocious Maximus)
TA-15,Bray, SLO, Glaswerks SOD
-black cat bone for good luck

SonVolt
Mark III
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:09 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: G-System?????

Post by SonVolt » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:04 pm

lesterpaul wrote:
SonVolt wrote:
I was in Decatur at work when it came through - several houses and a BBQ joint less than a quarter mile down the road were leveled. There was a BMW sitting up-side-down in the middle of a corn field about 200 yards from where it was parked. Definitely one of the craziest days of my life. Sorry about your house and gear! I hope insurance came through in a hurry.
here is a pic of our "safe room"(hallway bathroom)-the gear was in the room above this one...as you can imagine, I got my stuff reliced real damn fast!!!(250 mph winds will do that)I am sure some of it ended up in 'Nooga :)
Image

btw,Decatur(my hometown,along with a couple of Boogie bros on this board), has never been struck by 'nader.......might be time to move back :shock:

Dang that's crazy! Sounds like the gear came down on top of you? Guess I need to go take photos of all my gear for insurance claim proof.

Technically I work in Trinity where the 4PMish one ripped through. Thankfully it barely missed us else literally tons of scrap metal from the steel plant's scrap yard would have been flying shrapnel all over north Alabama.

User avatar
lesterpaul
Donating Member
Posts: 1459
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Badlands-North Alabama C+ Mafia-hitman

Re: G-System?????

Post by lesterpaul » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:54 pm

well, a lot of my equipment was never found...a couple of LPauls landed in the house...found a Strat about 30 yds from house(LPauls have that girth...!).
-take pictures of everything(cords,picks,stands,slip covers,etc...)serial numbers,paperwork...and store in a safe deposit box-my dumbass had pic all on a camera or computer IN MY HOUSE...never found that camera, and the comp was obliterated by debris
-if you ever are victimized by mother nature or a thief, have an appraisal done,otherwise ALL will be depreciated..if you have any rare or out of production gear(like a C+,for ex.), you end up on the losing end
-Iam now the offical insurance liason of the Boogie Board :)
"major scales...whats that??"-Doug Aldrich
C+ DRG,B+DGX,C+KRG(Twocious Maximus)
TA-15,Bray, SLO, Glaswerks SOD
-black cat bone for good luck

Post Reply