G System, GT-10, PODhd500 Channel Switching with Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoneyman

Reaction score
Im looking to add effects to my Mark V. Lately Ive been using a TC Chorus and Delay in the loop and a wah out front with the mesa footswitch. With the chance of gigging in the future, I would like invest in an effects unit. Obviously there are many to choose from and try, so I was hoping you guys here could help me answer a few questions.

Im looking to be able to add effects and switch the channels on the Mark V so I dont have to tap dance. What system will allow me to do the following..?

While playing in the Mark V's 3rd channel with delay from the loop, how can I switch directly to my channel one clean with just chorus from the loop? I love the Mesa distortions so I dont want to give those up. I just want to add effects, but be able to control them.

Ive heard the G System is quite advanced (and pricey), but Ive also heard feedback about the GT's and POD being able to switch amp head channels.

What route do you recommend to get to outcome above?

If you want to keep the pedals and switch the amp, go for a GCX or RG-16, and a Ground Control or GC Pro.

Or you could try the Rocktron Loop 8 stuff.

The G System is nice (I have one), but it's not very flexible. It's unbeatable if it does exactly what you want...

If you want to avoid MIDI look at Carl Martin's Combinator/ Octaswitch or Moen's GEC-9. I went for the GEC-9.

Back